Entry Level Salary
National Median Pay
Real Go-Getters Make
Source: Emsi, 2022
- Investigate welding related issues to improve product performance and increase productivity
- Design welded parts, assemblies and structures such as buildings, pressure vessels, and pipelines
- Develop repair procedures and assess flaws to determine the fitness-for-service of structures
- Develop standards, materials, weld joint design, and welding processes
- Develop welding process procedure qualification, supplier qualification, and product testing
- Troubleshoot welding problems and provide corrective solutions
Education & Training
Education and training that can lead to a successful career may include:
- Organized and detail oriented
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Analytical thinker and problem-solver
- Excellent communication, writing, and computer skills
- Ability to create, design, and analyze blueprints and drawings
Many welding engineers work in a mix of environments both inside and outside of the office that may include manufacturing facilities, testing labs, and active constructions sites. Frequent travel may be required.
The heat map below showcases the total number of job postings for Welding Engineers in the last twelve months by state. As shown, the darker the color of the state, the higher the concentration of job postings. The heat map is intended to provide insight into areas where Welding Engineer careers are currently in demand.
Want to explore other careers that have similar work environments, education, training, and responsibilities?
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Mechanical & Materials Science Engineer