Entry Level Salary
National Median Pay
Real Go-Getters Make
Sources: Emsi, 2022
A typical welder fabricator is tasked with constructing a variety of metal objects. Metal construction often requires more than just welding. Welder fabricators could be responsible for:
- Machining fabrication materials and components
- Fitting, setting, and installing fabricated structures
- Cutting and welding with a variety of processes
- Metal forming, bending, and finishing
- Repair, design, layout, and estimation
- Overseeing shop hands or helpers
- Many other industry/trade specific responsibilities
Education & Training
There are many ways to start a career as a welder fabricator. Like every career, education and training lead to further success.
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Blueprint reading
Primarily in a shop with a variety of fabrication equipment. Occasional field work and travel may be required.
The heat map below showcases the total number of job postings for Welder Fabricators in the last twelve months by state. As shown, the darker the color of the state, the higher the concentration of job postings. The heat map is intended to provide insight into areas where Welder Fabricator careers are currently in demand.
Want to explore other careers that have similar work environments, education, training, and responsibilities?
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Aerospace Welder
- Maintenance Welder