Entry Level Salary
National Median Pay
Real Go-Getters Make
Source: Emsi, 2022
- Provide welding consumable and equipment solutions or recommendations to clients
- Prepare and submit bid packages including proposal and any other required documents
- Train and mentor essential personnel on welding machines, products, and welding consumables
- Troubleshoot welding related issues and apply effective solutions
Education & Training
Education and training that can lead to a successful career may include:
- Organized and detail oriented
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Effective written and oral communication
- Capable of demonstrating the use of welding equipment and supplies
- Practice appropriate sales ethics, determine customer needs, and provide customer support
Many technical sales representatives work in a mix of environments both inside and outside of the office that may include manufacturing facilities, testing labs, and active constructions sites. Frequent travel may be required.
The heat map below showcases the total number of job postings for Technical Sales in the last twelve months by state. As shown, the darker the color of the state, the higher the concentration of job postings. The heat map is intended to provide insight into areas where Technical Sales careers are currently in demand.
When Jake Ross retired from the military, he wanted a career that would allow him to gain new skills and offer opportunities for advancement. After becoming a welder and learning about robotics, he worked his way up to become a sales manager. View the video below to find out more about a career in technical sales:
Check out additional welding career videos and articles Here!
Want to explore other careers that have similar work environments, education, training, and responsibilities?
- Welding Engineer
- Technical Sales Associate
- Sales Support Specialist