Entry Level Salary
National Median Pay
Real Go-Getters Make
Source: Emsi, 2022
- Apply principles of basic welding fundamentals, symbols, and blueprints
- Identify and perform correct robotic welding parameters, welding procedures, operations and programs
- Create robotic welding programs, modify existing welding programs, and conduct welding cell cycle time calculations
- Troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance of robotic equipment and welding equipment
Education & Training
Education and training that can lead to a successful career may include:
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, and computer skills
- Knowledgeable of automation equipment, processes, and systems
- Interpret blueprints and drawings
- Adapt to technology changes quickly and seamlessly
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Many robotic welding technicians work in manufacturing or shop environments, however some field or travel opportunities are available.
The heat map below showcases the total number of job postings for Robotic Welding Technicians in the last twelve months by state. As shown, the darker the color of the state, the higher the concentration of job postings. The heat map is intended to provide insight into areas where Robotic Welding Technician careers are currently in demand.
Want to explore other careers that have similar work environments, education, training, and responsibilities?
- Orbital Welding Technician
- Welder Machinist
- Non-Destructive Testing Technician