Entry Level Salary
National Median Pay
Real Go-Getters Make
Source: Emsi, 2022
- Primary welding for the construction, maintenance, and repair of pipeline systems and assemblies.
- Cutting, dismantling, straightening, or reshaping pipe sections and components.
- Construct pipeline supports and related structures
- Perform “hot-tapping” or the welding of “live” pipelines.
- Maintenance of welding equipment, tools, and field service vehicle
Education & Training
Education and training that can lead to a successful career may include:
- Strong mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Adapt to changes quickly and seamlessly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently in all types of weather conditions
- Knowledge of blueprints, welding symbols, piping components, and field welding techniques
As a pipeliner, you should also expect to travel extensively, as pipeline construction can take place anywhere in the world; from heavy populated cities to remote high mountain deserts. Opportunities are also available in shop environments.
The heat map below showcases the total number of job postings for Pipeliners in the last twelve months by state. As shown, the darker the color of the state, the higher the concentration of job postings. The heat map is intended to provide insight into areas where Pipeliner careers are currently in demand.
If the pipeliner career path isn’t for you, these career opportunities may be a perfect fit! The following careers below have similar work environments, education/training requirements, and responsibilities:
- Pipe Welder