Entry Level Salary
National Median Pay
Real Go-Getters Make
Sources: Emsi, 2022
- Welding of small diameter tube/pipe
- Fabrication, installation, testing, and maintenance of boilers, tanks, vats, and pressure vessels
- Lay out, assembly, and tear down of scaffolding, cranes or other support structures.
- Installing auxiliary mechanisms, such as tubes, fittings, valves, and boiler instrumentation
- Conducting inspections and preparing preventative maintenance reports
Education & Training
Education and training that can lead to a successful career may include:
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment
- Mechanically inclined and manual dexterity
- Able to work in harsh weather (heat, cold, snow, rain, etc.)
- Able to read blueprints, analyze design plans, and understand building codes
Many boilermakers work in the field on active construction sites. Often extensive travel is required, but opportunities also exist in shop environments.
The heat map below showcases the total number of job postings for Boilermakers in the last twelve months by state. As shown, the darker the color of the state, the higher the concentration of job postings. The heat map is intended to provide insight into areas where Boilermaker careers are currently in demand.
Want to explore other careers that have similar work environments, education, training, and responsibilities?
- Pressure Vessel Welder
- Industrial Maintenance Welder